Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Birdman's Cigmouth..

I recently quit smoking.. Cold turkey.. Surprisingly, it hasn't been that bad.. I'm still able to commingle with avid smokers in my midst (certain family members and friends) and not opt for activation on that infantile urge to suck fostered by hand-eye coordination and habit.. Evil habit. It preys on the softshell mind of the little race of beings currently residing on this planet... Slowly they have strangers enter their land with gifts of candy and artificial playgrounds..

So I'm watching this movie yesterday while wrapping presents.. Best goddamn present wrapping job I've ever done mind you, and this Xmas doesn't even feel like Christmas.. Weird.. So I'm wrapping and watching The Birdman from Alcatraz, 1962 with Burt as Stroud and John behind the camera and I couldn't help but notice how everyone smoked.. I was literally waiting for the frikkin Canaries to light up?! Not really and my apologies for the cheese.. As I'm sitting their pondering the general acceptance of smoke and the general nicotine-rape-of-the-meninges, I remembered certain ads from back then that assayed my sudden discombobulation:

hahahah seriously.. Looking at these Ads reminds me of how blatant corporations were with lies and more lies.. And we happily conformed.. What a primitive bunch we were back then..

Wait a minute..

No comments: